"Malnutrition: A comprehensive strategy"
Speaker: Dr Simón Schwartz ex-Director of the Vall d'Hebron Hospital
UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC TRAINING
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, with excellent Cum laude, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Faculty of Medicine, UB and UAB
- Specialist in Clinical Analysis
- Specialist in Clinical Biochemistry.
CHARGES (CATALONIA AND EUROPE)
- Coordinator for Research, Development and Innovation (RDI), European Union. Official College of Physicians of Barcelona. (2020)
- Responsible, proposed by the Cabinet of the Department of Innovation, Universities and Business (DIUE), as Contact-Point in the field of health for Catalonia and accepted by the “European Office of the Ministry of Science and Innovation (MICINN), for the 7th Framework Program”. (2018)
- Active member of the Institutional Human Resources Strategy Group (Charter and Code for recruitment of European Researchers, C&C, EU) (2018)
- President of the Advisory Council of the Clinical Laboratories of Catalonia. Department of Health, Generalitat de Catalunya (2017)
POSITIONS EXERCISED: ASSISTANCE, MANAGEMENT AND INVESTIGATION
- Director of the R + D + Y Program, Vall de Hebrón University Hospital
- Director of the Center for Research in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (CIBBIMNanomedicina)
- Director for Research and Teaching - Director of the Metabolic Research Unit "Santiago Grisolia"
- Medical director RELEVANT RESEARCH PRODUCTION IN FIGURES 210 Articles published in scientific journals; 30 book chapters, 215 lectures and / or papers international and 615 national; 21 national research projects awarded as principal investigator, plus 4 projects awarded by the European Union; 4 European projects as scientific advisor and 11 nationals; 1 patent for invention "(Ref. 9701157) Amino acid formulas for the elderly and procedure for calculating them"
16 NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL AWARDS, AMONG THEM
- Cross of San Jorge, granted by the Government of the Generalitat of Catalonia
- Cross of the Catalan Institute of Health (ICS), in recognition of his dedication, from different positions in favor of Public Health (1966-2010)
- Medal of the Research Foundation, Vall de Hebrón University Hospital
- "Aparicio Garrido, Spanish Association of Medical Biopathology (AEBM)"
- "Abraham García-Almansa, Spanish Society of Basic and Applied Nutrition (SENBA)".
- “Paul Harris” Medal, Rotary International Foundation.
- BioMerieux, "Spanish Society of Clinical Chemistry (SEQC)"
ACTIVITY IN THE LABOR AND SOCIAL FIELD
- As a member of the Board of Trustees / Executive Commission of the ASPRONIS Foundation and of the Lo Vilar Foundation, he has distinguished himself by contributing his ideas and creativity, in order to promote the social and labor integration of people with intellectual disabilities.
- As a member of the Board of Trustees of the “Dr. Lluís Vilà de Abadal ”, collaborates in the promotion and training of knowledge of the history and culture of Catalonia.
- As a constituent member of the Advisory Council of Experts of the Federation of Associations of Older People of Catalonia (FATEC), he collaborates in its founding action in favor of the older people of Catalonia.